Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Pancakes!



Oh pancakes, how I love you. When I was back visiting my parents in Toronto, Mardi Gras was happening. So, on Fat Tuesday my mom made pancakes. They were so good, and no one can beat my mom’s pancakes. I guess it just reminded me of being a kid again, fighting with my brother over who could eat the most pancakes in one sitting.

The next day I begged for pancakes again, but the power went out for a couple hours and we had to go out for dinner. But I was hooked, and on Thursday we made a double batch, but still, it wasn't enough. I whined on Friday for pancakes again, but everyone was sick of them by then.

So, what was the first thing that I made for Ian and me when I got back to Montreal? You guessed it. This picture is actually the plate that I ate. I still think that I could eat them again today.

Mom's Pancakes
adapted from a super old dairy goodness milk calendar
makes 12 pancakes

3/4 cup all purpose flour
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1 cup milk
2 tbsp butter, melted

Stir together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Beat together egg, milk and butter; add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until moistened. Spread 1 level tbsp batter in hot, lightly buttered frypan. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface; turn and brown underside. Serve with (real) maple syrup.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

its 2am, i just finished homework, i cant wait to be in bed ...
these are the ONLY things i would stay awake for right now if someone were willing to make them for me :P
i think i'm drooling ... thank you for the sweet sweet pancakey dreams i will have tonight.