Friday, March 13, 2009

Worst Cookies Ever



Well, as you might have guessed from the title, I just made the WORST cookies on the face of this earth. They looked so pretty and I spent three hours making them, but one bite and I threw the whole batch out.

You see, I had the best little sable cookies at this place downtown called Nocochi. On my way home I ate all the cookies that I bought and vowed to find out how they got them to melt the second they touched your tongue.

It turns out that they are Persian cookies made with clarified butter, chickpea flour, powdered sugar, rose water, and cardamon. I should have known better with the clarified butter( I hate the smell of it) but I pressed on.

Arg, I'm so disappointed. Oh well, I'll try again tomorrow. By the way here is a nice photo that Ian was playing around with. It's much better than stinkin cookies.

4 comments:

Simones Kitchen said...

Haha... don't we all have failures like that? I managed to once make a pasta dish that looked so horribly horrible that I just couldn't believe it! The taste was actually not that great but one look at the actual dish would have made people turn away and run in horror...:)

Coco Bean said...

wow, thats wierd junglefrog, I was just reading your blog two sec's ago. Yes, the were terrible, but looked oh so cute. But you know when you eat something that tastes off, you can never eat that food again.... that is how I felt about these and so instead of dealing with them I threw them out.

Simones Kitchen said...

Haha... We must be on the same schedule! I also just noticed your comment after I just had made one here...

nooschi said...

I love Nocochi! It is named after a Persian chickpea cookie, and the sweets there are awesome. My husband used to live in Mtl, and I miss the city dearly. Awesome blog, and great recipes. I've bookmarked your site. Ciao!